Sunday, September 22, 2013

Weekly Running Advice

This week, I had a conference call with my marathon team and some conversations with my aunt, an avid runner and marathon enthusiast herself. After these calls and conversations, I can conclude the following:


  • "Your first marathon is a lot like your first time having sex."
  • It's necessary to be a shameless self promoter and write your name on your running outfit while you cruise through the boroughs. It will give you an extra boost as spectators yell "Go Justin! You got this Justin!"
  • Around the 20 mile mark, you reach the point of no return. By the finish line, it's inevitable. Get the tissues ready. You're crying. 
  • Security is going to be insane at the New York Marathon. It's the first big US Marathon since the tragic Boston events unfolded
  • I'll be eating breakfast with my team and the 1974 NY Marathon Winner on the Monday after the race! 

Needless to say, I'm looking forward. Here's to another week of marathon training, trail running, and some voracious reading of running literature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment